Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One day at a time

That is how I feel I am living this stage of my life most of the times.   A lot of people think that because I don’t have an actual 9:00-5:00 job I have most of the day for myself, I think in their little minds they imagine Carmen sitting around on the coach all day long watching movies and eating bonbons. And as appealing as that might sound from time to time, I can't even tell you when was the last time I took a nap or ate bonbons watching TV (note to self: must do that soon).

So I thought it would be just appropriate to give you a snap shot of how a day on my life looks like, maybe you will understand why this poor blog has been forgotten lately…
7:00-7:30 alarm goes off
7:30-9:00  Breakfast time (mine and the kids), get school lunches ready and head out the door before 8:50 otherwise I am late for carpool
9:00 drop off Marc & Nora
9:15- make beds, tide up downstairs and do any laundry that needs to be done
10:00 head out for a long run
11:30/11:45 post workout snack, stretch, foam roll, ice bath
12:45 pick up kids from school
1:00-1:30 catch up with kids, go through their lunch bags and school totes, clean whatever needs to be cleaned and go through teacher’s ‘mail’
2:00 lunch
4:15 second workout: 75 min. swim
6:00 bath kids
6:30 kids’ dinner
7:30 kids’ bed time
7:45-8:00 mommy & daddy’s dinner
9:00-9:30 I am pooped and falling asleep on the coach
Me by the end of the day
So that is what my days look like, Mon and Wed I have an early bike so I wake up at 5:45 instead and I get to clean the house and see the little munchkin do her ‘thang’ at gymnastics. Net net… I am busy, I feel like if I am racing every day, all the time, from point A to point B. Don’t get me started with the days Marc has soccer, or both of the kids start w swimming lessons (they will start in two weeks). So… no, I don’t just seat around and eat bonbons all day and although my work schedule is not officially registered as 9:00-5:00 if it were it would read 24/7.
Speaking of racing… I got my first race coming up this week, I have done this 10K three years in a row and although I am looking forward to put my body through the ringer I know is not going to be fun… at least until I am done J, there is a reason why I don’t do many 10Ks or 5Ks for that matter, I much rather be out there for 2ht+ distance races than the short stuff, BUT it will be good to get some adrenaline going through this body and I am looking forward to a high of endorphins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment